A few weeks back our family finally fulfilled a long standing wish of the ladies. Read it right, the man in the house aka me was not the least interested in camping.
I mean which man who has gone through army’s field camp (except the really minority) would say they loved the experience. Sleeping on hard uneven ground, tents pitched with less than enough enthusiasm, bugs and sorts crawling all over the place, and if you are lucky like me, rain and soggy muddy field.
That was the background of camping for me and no amount of words or pictures can I manage to lower the ladies’ excitement of this camping trip. Well, at least the venue is not some ulu places but the East Coast Park.
Welcome Glamping Society!
A brief understanding what is glamping. A simple way to understand is camping with style and much more comfort. No bugs, no hard sleeping floor (in fact you have beds), no fear of rain, no fear of being attack by wild boar, no army officers to shout at you! Hahaha..
We were treated to a luxurious 6-man tent, so we invited a fee friends over for some gathering and fun.
Check out the interior decorated like bohemian style, rugs and all.
Here are a few cool facts about glamping.
1. No need to set up the tent on your own. All is done nicely and securely for you (I mean that is what you are paying for). So just bring your barang barang and bunk in.
2. Simple food are provided for you and your group. Be wild and free, that’s all we need to do!
3. Just relax and enjoy. We basically just packed our change of clothing for sleep, the rest are taken care of. There was even a flamingo float for those who are interested to ride the ECP waves.
4. Plan a BBQ. Okay, we didn’t cos we were lazy to bring all the stuff and food. McDelivery is available.
5. Enjoy the sunset! This is probably the main reason for having it at East Coast Park. The sunset was stunning!
Last but not the least, spend a great evening with the missus. No camping or glamping is complete without the missus completing her wish.
Happy wife = happy husband