I attended an exclusive media invite to preview the LG Optimus G Pro.
The LG Optimus G Pro is the first 5.5 inch smartphone that adopts a full HD IPS display delivering razor sharp images and wide viewing angles to bring about the most comfortable user experience.
New smart features include Picture-in-Picture Dual Camera and Recording, 360° photo taking with VR Panorama, Pause and Resume Recording to create one continuous video file, Smart Video that uses advanced eye recognition technology to control video play and QuickRemote, an all-in-one remote control equipped in a smartphone.
Some specs for the tech-junkies
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE support
- 3G with HSPA; LTE
- 5.5" 16M-color 1080p True HD IPS Plus FullHD capacitive touchscreen
- Android OS v4.1.2 Jelly Bean
- Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300 CPU, 2 GB RAM, Adreno 320 GPU, Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 chipset
- 13 MP autofocus camera with LED flash, Geotagging, Intelligent Auto, Image Stabilization, Time Catch Shot, Smart Shutter and VR panoramas
- 1080p video recording @ 30fps with continuous autofocus and stereo sound; HDR mode, Dual recording
- 2.1 MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- 32GB of built-in storage; microSD card slot
- MHL-enabled microUSB port, USB host support
- Bluetooth v4.0
- Weights at 160g
- QuickRemote: Optimus G Pro is the world’s first smartphone that is equipped with an all-in-one remote control. After registering home appliances into the Optimus G Pro, the user can control the electronic devices through infrared signal. The QuickRemote supports up to nine home electronics such as TV sets, set-up boxes, air conditioners, audio visual equipment, projectors and blu-ray players form a variety of brands.
- Smart Video: With advanced eye recognition technology, Smart Video recognizes the position of the viewer’s eyes and automatically plays or stops the video without any manual input from the user.
- QSlide 2.0: The QSlide 2.0 function allows users to overlay two different screens simultaneously on one display, allowing users to do two things at once, such as send a text message or search the web while also watching a video.
Innovative Camera Features
- Dual Camera and Dual Recording: The Dual Camera and Dual Recording functions allow users to capture pictures or videos with both the front and rear cameras simultaneously. Users can now partake in the video during any special moments and capture all the wonderful expression made from both sides of the camera.
- VR Panorama: The VR Panorama function allows the creation of seamless and picturesque 360° view of scenic shots horizontally and vertically.
- Pause and Resume Recording: The Pause and Resume Recording feature allows for the recording of short snippets of videos which can then be viewed as one uninterrupted video, thereby reducing the time and effort taken to string the clips together to form a continuous running clip.
Battery Tests on the LG Optimus G Pro. The 3G talk time was pretty impressive with 20 hours and 45 mins. Web browsing is lower, only at 6 hours and 40 mins. Video playback time of 8 hours 40 mins is definitely a positive point.
Found this youtube video on the review of LG Optimus G Pro. Take a look.
I had the Indigo Black handset to try out.
Take a look at the size difference between the LG Optimus G Pro and my iPhone5.
With the 5.5 inch screen, it is a new experience watching video.
Though the Optimus G Pro has a large screen, but the slim design enables user to still hold it comfortably on one hand.
The camera comes in the normal mode and also a Dual Camera mode.
The multi social platforms to share your photos.
One thing that really surprised me was the quality of the earphones that came along with the Optimus G Pro. LG believes in providing quality to compliment quality. Good move!
LG Optimus G Pro will be available in Singapore early July at $868. Wireless charging dock and cover sold separately.
For more information about LG Optimus G, please visit www.lg.com/sg.