Chinese New Year is round the corner and families will be looking out for venues to celebrate and have reunion gatherings. STREET 50 Restaurant & Bar presents a new and special Fortune of Flavours Buffet this CNY. Expecting a fusion of Western and Asian spins in the CNY menu, this special menu is only available for 5 days only.
This idea of CNY Buffet will definitely be a hit with both the families and youngsters who seek to have more than the usual round-table style CNY meals.
We were invited to try out some of the special dishes that will be presented.
Prawn Tartare with Rock Melon and Nuts
This salad prawn is layered with sliced Japanese cucumber and rock melon, then dressed in a tangy ginger and Thai mango dressing.
Lion Head Meatball with Truffle Oil, Wood Ear Fungus & Water Chestnuts
This Shanghainese meatball is a combination of minced pork, mushrooms, chestnuts, coriander, Chinese wine and truffle oil. First steamed then seared to golden brown, it is a juicy and tender patty with intense meat flavour.
Curried Chicken in Lychee Tempura
Served on a bed of rice crisps, the sweetness of lychee accompanies the chucks of chicken, along with a hint of curry powder.
Banana and Sago Cotta
The smooth creamy cotta is topped with caramelized cubes of banana that has been simmered slowly with gula melaka.
And for a group of 4 paying adults, a complimentary Yu Sheng Platter will be included in your buffet.
STREET 50 Restaurant & Bar
50 Telok Blangah Road (Inside Bay Hotel)
The Fortune of Flavours buffet is available on:
29th, 30th, 31st January, 1st and 2nd February 2014
Adults: S$58++ for buffet spread
Additional S$28++ for free flow, beer, juices and soft drinks
Kids (6 – 12 years old): S$28++ for buffet spread, juices and soft drinks
Kids below 6 get to enjoy the Fortune of Flavours buffet for free with every paying adult.
Reservations: Tel +65 6818 6681
The Fortune of Fortunes Buffet Menu:
- Smoked Duck Yu Sheng (Complimentary for group of 4)
- Sugar-Cured Glutinous with Red Dates
- Drunken Chicken
- Prawn Tartar with Melon and Nuts
- Salmon Roll with Barley Salad and Wolfberries in Aspic
- Chilled Mussels with Ginger and Mango Dressing
- Chinese Cold-Cut Platter (Char-Siew Chicken, Jelly fish, Golden Coins, Octopus Salad and Century Egg)
- Scallops, Chicken and Melon Soup with Fish Maw
- Smoked Duck Crepe with Leeks, Japanese Cucumber and Hoisin sauce
- Curried Chicken stuffed with Tempura Lychee
- Wok-Fried Beef with Tri-Pepper, Dried Longan and Fermented Beancurd
- Steamed Lion Head Meatballs with Truffle Oil, Wood Ear Fungus and Water Chestnuts
- Braised Sea Cucumber with Mushroom, Chinese Spinach and Fatt Choy
- Egg Noodles with Prawns, Shredded Duck and Yellow Chives
- Warm Glutinous Rice with Chinese Sausage and Lotus seeds
- Banana and Sago Cotta
- Assorted Nonya Kueh
- Durian Pengat
- Mango Pudding
- Pumpkin Custard with Coconut Jelly
- Cold Beancurd with White Fungus and Mandarin Orange