Ever since Gardens by the Bay was opened, we have been regular visitors with the girls. We like the displays of the flowers in both the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest, especially when there is a special program like the upcoming Mid-Autumn Festival 2013. In celebration of the Mid-Autumn Festival, there will be an extension of operating hours and a 15% discount on admission tickets to the conservatories from 13 to 22 September 2013.
During this period, the Flower Dome will be transformed into a new Mid-Autumn themed floral display. And we were there to experience it first-hand.
The girls were so excited to see the various cactus and “lantern flowers” such as Begonias and autumn-blooms like Chrysanthemums, Astilbes and Celosias.
The Flower Dome also features three striking dragonfly lanterns like this, which is perched amidst the field of floral display.
Coming to the Flower Dome is also a great chance to hone some of the photography skills of the girls. Look how serious they were in trying to get the best shot possible.
Some of the beautiful flowers on display.
In the same period (13 to 22 September), keep an eye out for the Mid-Autumn Festival @ The Gardens 2013, with a colourful display of hand-crafted lanterns in the outdoor gardens and The Meadow, exciting stage performances, competitions, and activities where proceeds will go to the President’s Challenge 2013.
Checked out too the Themed Lantern Exhibitions like, Jurassic Park, World of Fairy Tales, and lots more.
Do drop by the 3D Pandora display. It’s a 3-5mins walk to see some of the recycled items on display to create the Avatar effect.
Make this year’s Mid-Autumn Festival a special celebration with your family.
Mid-Autumn Ticketing Promotion
15% discount on admission tickets to Conservatories from 13 to 22 September 2013.
Terms & Conditions:
- Discount is applicable on the prevailing Standard and Local Resident admission rates only.
- Applies to tickets purchased at on-site Ticketing Counters only.
- Limited to 4 discounted tickets (mixture of adult and child) per transaction.
- Offer does not include OCBC Skyway and Garden Cruiser.
- Child admission ticket is valid for children aged between 3 to 12 years old.
- No claims will be entertained for any lost, torn, defaced or expired tickets.
- Admission ticket purchased is not refundable or exchangeable for cash and is only valid for the day of entry.
- Discount not valid with any other offers/ promotions.
- Discount is not valid for Friends of the Garden Individual and Family Annual Pass.
Extended Admission Hours
- Operating hours for the two conservatories and OCBC Skyway will be extended to 11pm from 13 to 22 September.
- Operating hours for selected F&B outlets in the Gardens will also be extended during this period.
Snap & Win!
Come down to Gardens by the Bay from 13 to 22 September 2013 and share photos of the Mid-Autumn celebrations. It could be the elaborately crafted lantern sets displayed around the Gardens, the Mid-Autumn themed floral display in the Flower Dome, or the exciting performances and delicious food at The Meadow. Add an interesting caption to your photos and upload onto your Instagram account with the following hashtags – #minautumnatgb & #gardensbythebay.
3 lucky winners will each win a Gardens by the Bay memorabilia gift package worth $50.
Winners will be announced on @gardensbythebay & Facebook page (http://facebook.com/gardensbythebay)