Monday, April 14, 2014

Unforgettable 8

This month we celebrated Joey’s 8th birthday with an ice-cream party at Swensen’s.

2014-04-05 17.17.00

The special relationship with Joey will always be unforgettable, cos every experience will be the first for me as a Dad. Seeing this little lady growing up so fast everyday really forced me to evaluate my priority in life more and more. Like some other children of my generation, having missed out ourselves a proper Father-Child relationship, we are constantly reminded to not make the same mistake.

It is so good to see Joey making friends in life and enjoying it. But deeper than that, I want to be her best friend too!

IMG_7472

Loving a person practically is to understand her better. To know what she likes and dislikes, to know what ticks for her and what frustrates her. Love is also to create special moments with Joey, so that she will remember and know that she is special.

2014-04-08 20.20.17

Joey, papa loves you just as you are. Always remember that you do not need to change yourself to receive love, cos God created you to be like you. You are special and never will be the same like any other. I thank God every time I see you or think of you, cos you are the best gift from heaven into my life. Papa may not be the best at times, forgetting some of the promises I have made, not spending enough time to play with you, but papa never love you less than the day you were born.

Happy birthday my girl!

IMG_7545

No comments:

Post a Comment