So the new and enhanced package is out! Click here to read the article.
Basically the package is designed to help us fulfil our family aspirations by addressing our needs from marriage, to becoming parents, and raising children.
Benefits for family with 2 children. That’s me!
So what is in store for me? Or for those of us who already have kids in pre-school or primary school?
Let me give you a summary:
HDB Flats (Effective Jan 2013)
1. first timer, married couple, with a Singapore Citizen child below 16, given priority allocation
2. first timer, married couple, with a Singapore Citizen child below 16, able to rent affordable flat while waiting for new flat
Baby Bonus (Effective 26 Aug 2012)
1. baby born on or after 26 Aug 2012, baby bonus cash gift increased from $4000 to $6000 (for 1st and 2nd child)
2. baby born on or after 26 Aug 2012, baby bonus cash gift increased from $6000 to $8000 (for 3rd and 4th child)
3. cash gift will be given out faster, 3 instalments over 12 months instead of 4 instalments over 18 months (50% at birth, 25% when child is 6 months old, 25% when child is 12 months old)
* if your child is less than 5 months old now, you are the lucky ones. if not, just read and be envious of others.*
Medisave Grant (Effective 26 Aug 2012)
1. CPF Medisave Account will be created for all Singapore Citizen newborns on or after 26 Aug 2012
2. a total of $3000 will be credited into their Medisave Account in 2 payments (50% at registration of birth, 50% in the subsequent year if the child continues to be enrolled in MediShield or a Medisave-approved Integrated Shield Plan)
*again, if your child is less than 5 months old now, you are blessed. if not, maybe plan for another child?*
Child Care Leave (Effective May 2013)
1. working parents with at least one Singapore Citizen child aged between 7-12 years, entitled to 2 days Government paid child care leave, per parent per year
2. if you have 2 kids like me (one aged between 7-12 years and the other aged between 0-6 years), you will only be entitled to maximum 6 days Government paid child care leave, per parent per year
*no extra child care leave if you were thinking of getting 6+2=8 like in my case, dream on.*
Paternity Leave (Effective May 2013)
1. working fathers of Singapore Citizen children born on or after 1 May 2013 will be entitled to 1 WEEK of Government paid paternity leave (to be taken within 16 weeks after the child is born)
2. working fathers of Singapore Citizen children born on or after 1 May 2013 may also share 1 WEEK of the 16 weeks of maternity leave (subject to the mother’s approval)
*so husbands/fathers, be nice to your wife.*
For more detailed information, you can visit www.heybaby.sg
What do I get out of this latest enhanced marriage & parenthood package?
A BIG FAT ZERO! Unless I knocked my head and in a state of concussion, decided to try for a 3rd child.