Friday, October 18, 2013

Family Outing @ The Gardens

Family means ‘Father And Mother I Love You’. And it’s such a joyous opportunity when I was able to bring my mother and both my in-laws out on a Sunday afternoon to Gardens by the Bay.

Special thanks to Gardens by the Bay for making it possible for our family. It’s pretty cool to be known as ‘Garden Angels’, first time I am addressed as an angel. Nice ring to it!

DSC_4371

It was the first time some of the family members ever stepped foot on the gardens. So we were like tourists on our own soil.

First stop was lunch at the very nicely decorated Verandah Contemporary Bristo.

DSC_4374

DSC_4378

Try out the Curry Chicken and Tom Yum Seafood Pasta if you are there. I’m quite sure you would not regret.

DSC_4380 DSC_4393

Kids’ meals are so appetising too!

DSC_4389 DSC_4390

The girls with their favourite grandmothers.

DSC_4377

DSC_4384

DSC_4386

From Oct 14 – Nov 10, the Flower Dome is celebrating Deepavali with new flower field display.

DSC_4403

DSC_4422

DSC_4427

A nice family photo in the Flower Dome.

DSC_4424

Another family photo in the Cloud Forest.

DSC_4446

The Lee Family – Nigel, Father and Kless. In front of her dad, Kless will always be like a little girl. Sweet!

DSC_4461

The girls’ favourite is definitely the man-made waterfall.

DSC_4441

As for me, I prefer the flowers and plants.

DSC_4457

DSC_4416

DSC_4398 DSC_4400

DSC_4417

DSC_4407

DSC_4431 IsaiahKuan Earth CloudForest

IsaiahKuan Earth FlowerDome

By the way, if you have taken some nice photos at The Gardens, why not submit some of your photos for the GardenScapes Photography Exhibition. Submission details: http://bit.ly/GardenScapesforAngels

It was also the first time for all of us to go up the OCBC Skyway. For $5/adult or $3/child, I would highly recommend it, the view was spectacular!

DSC_4481

DSC_4501 DSC_4495

IsaiahKuan Metal SuperTree

Quoting a favourite phrase from Joey, "This is the best outing ever!"

IsaiahKuan Water CloudForest

DSC_4477

4 comments:

  1. Wow! it was nice of hem to invite the whole family! :) Could see that they were all blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I especially love the kids' bento sets. I've always loved GBTB and look forward to going back to visit - havent been to the Skyway either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the skyway! Don't mind visiting again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I walked past the bistro before and thought it looked really good, shall give it a try soon! And the mini sunflowers look like pineapple tarts! hahaha

    ReplyDelete