Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Flat Feet – Inherited?

Following on yesterday’s topic of growing pains, I would talk about flat feet today.

I have flat feet. From what I know, none of my family members (parents & brother) has the same problem.

Flat Feet

Flat feet, or pes planus, are a defect of the foot that eliminates the arch. The condition is most often inherited.

Some studies have indicated that the earlier one starts wearing shoes, particularly for long periods of the day, the higher the risk for flat feet later on. Other conditions that can lead to flat feet include obesity, diabetes, surgery, injury, rheumatoid arthritis, or use of corticosteroids.

My foot

IMG_4272

Joey’s foot

IMG_4273

Jayne’s foot

IMG_4292

Klessis’s foot

IMG_4296

Can you see the differences? It seems like Jayne has a slight possibility of having flat footed-ness like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment